Sunday, February 6, 2011

What Olivia Eats...

Kelly's Korner did a special "Show Us Your Life - What Your Toddler Eats" on Friday. I'm a couple of days behind, but I still wanted to participate. I so desperately want Olivia to grow up with a healthy view of food and eating a variety of healthy foods. Since she is a toddler, it's almost impossible to get her to eat what I'd like her to eat...or sometimes to just eat anything at all! So, here is a list of thing she will USUALLY eat.


BREAKFAST
(She's a really good breakfast eater)
  • plain Cheerios w/banana
  • frozen waffles w/ sugar-free syrup or jelly
  • pancakes w/sugar-free syrup
  • toast with butter or sugar-free jelly
  • eggs

LUNCH & DINNER

  • 100% white meat turkey dogs (she LOVES them)
  • chicken noodle soup (I rinse to reduce the sodium content)
  • Yogurt
  • Sliced Avocado (will ALWAYS eat)
  • Black beans
  • lunch meat & cheese (we buy Dietz & Watson deli meat, which are free of hormones, MSG, etc. I figure...why risk it?)
  • Chicken-N-Rice (she loves my recipe...one of the few things she eats that the rest of the family also eats)
  • Spaghettios - messy and not good for her, but she gets them once every couple of weeks or so! I do at least buy whole grain, not that I'm sure that helps a lot
  • Mac n cheese - what kid doesn't love it?!?!?! I try to hid veggies in it. Sometimes she's too smart for me though!

DESSERT/SNACKS

  • oranges or clementines
  • sliced apples
  • bananas
  • freeze-dried fruit (see www.brothersallnatural.com. We just found these. She loves it.)
  • goldfish
  • Cheerios

WILL NOT EAT:

  • green beans (fresh, frozen, cooked with bacon...just WON'T eat them)
  • Hamburger meat
  • Really, not much meat at all (try to give other proteins)
  • Carrots
  • Shredded Wheat cereal (mommy's cereal)
  • Broccoli

Can't wait to read thru everyone else's suggestions/ideas! Maybe there are some healthy things I haven't thought of that she would eat! We are REALLY lacking in the vegetable category!

No comments:

Post a Comment