This is what we woke up to on Friday this week. We were only expected an inch of snow, and we got 3-4 inches. Some parts of the metroplex got 7-8 inches, but luckily we are further west and didn't get that much! Between this week and the 12 inches we got last year, I'm really beginning to question whether or not I live in North Texas!
While I already knew I'd be working from home on Friday since schools were closed, I had thought that we may at least be able to get out for an hour or so. When we woke up to this much snow (and it was still snowing), I knew it would be one more day in the house. We had been trapped in the house all week, and both Olivia and myself have been going a little bit crazy! Talk about cabin fever!
Olivia played with this baby ALL DAY. A good friend of her grandparents gave it to her for Christmas, and she has loved her. She is so sweet with her babies. It just melts my heart. I often hear her in the other room talking to them and saying "I wub you baby". Awww!

Of course, these two are loving the snow! It's much better than the ice we had earlier in the week (which unfortunately is still under that snow).

Grcie, who had apparently been eating the snow.

Jason got off work early on Friday, so I waited to take Olivia outside until he got home. She liked it much better than she did on Tuesday....of course, it was also in the upper 20's or low 30's and she didn't have to be bundled up quite as much as Tuesday, when the wind chills were below zero.


She would NOT keep her gloves on, so I just gave up.


Jason making a snow angel


RUN DADDY!

We gathered some fresh snow and made snow ice cream.
YUM!
She helped stir and had to try it from the big spoon.


Luckily the sun is out today and it's suppose to get to about 40 degrees. YEAH! Olivia and I will be venturing out to at least go to the grocery store! I'm not sure which of us will be more excited!
No comments:
Post a Comment