We had a snow day today, although under the snow there is 1-2 inches of ice. The roads are a MESS. All of the major school districts were closed today and will still be closed tomorrow. Luckily I have a child that does fairly well entertaining herself, so I was able to spend most of the day doing some work. I also have a child that enjoys her sleep. She didn't wake up until 9am and today was also a 3 hour nap day, so I was able to get quite a bit accomplished. We'll see what tomorrow holds...it could be a whole different story!
This morning Olivia kept looking out the window and ooohh'ing and ahhh'ing, so I decided to take her outside for a minute. Now.....it's not just icy/snowy....wind chills are BELOW ZERO. IT'S COLD! So, call me a bad mommy, but this child wasn't cold. Trust me! It took us WAY longer to get ready to go outside than we actually stayed outside. I'm pretty sure we were out there for less than 2 minutes.
Olivia refused to keep her gloves on. She would touch the snow with one finger, and then run over to me saying "Look Mommy! Look!"
See that finger? So sweet!
Oh, I may have failed to mention that she as NOT going to leave that baby inside the house. I guess she thought the baby deserved to see the snow too!
She didn't like that at all.
She decided it was time to go inside.
I told you she wasn't cold!
Leggings, jeans, turtleneck, light sweater, coat, raincoat (for the wetness), winter hat that covered her ears...the list may or may not go on. She was well insulated!
No comments:
Post a Comment