Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Birthday Girl

Today is your first birthday Olivia! Here are some things you are currently doing…

You love to feed me your food. Sometimes you trick me though and decide not to give it to me. You’ll put the food up to my mouth and then take it back and shake your head “no”. SO CUTE.

You are currently cutting 4 top teeth! You’ve only had 1 tooth since you were 8 or 9 months old, and now you seem to be getting four at once! I know you have to be miserable, but you are handling it pretty well considering how bad it must hurt!

You love your dogs, Gracie & Bentley. You like to give them big hugs.

When you eat foods you like, you say “Mmmmm”.

I love being able to communicate with you more and more! You have started answering me “yes” or “no” by either nodding or shaking your head.

You say several words, as you have been for a while now. Some you say all the time, and others have just been heard a few times. “Dada”, “Daddy”, “Momma”, “uh-oh”, “Hey!”, “Gracie” (sounds like Eecie); “Thank You”, “Mmmm”, “Nuh uh” (not sure how to type that, but it’s when you are telling people no…you said it to the photographer Monday when she asked if she could have some of your water…so funny!)

You still go to bed around 7pm and wake up around 7am-8am. At home, you take 2 naps per day, but they are lucky to get you down for 30 minutes at daycare!

You love going to daycare. You love Ms. Marlyn and Ms. LaKendra. You start reaching for them when daddy takes you! As much as I hate not being with you, I’m so glad you love going and that they are so good to you!

You are wearing 12 month clothing, and I believe weigh around 21 pounds.

You are still a pretty picky eater, but seem to really like carbs. Hmmm…that’s not necessarily a good thing! I try and try to get you to eat veggies but don’t have a lot of luck.

While you don’t love meals, you do love your snacks (yogurt melts, puffs, cherrios, graham crackers, etc.). I can give you a cup of snacks and sit you in front of the TV, and you will just sit and eat them. You usually spill them, but you pick them up and put them back in your cup. I love watching you do this!

You pull up on everything and walk around the furniture some, but I don’t think you are close to walking (which I am in no hurry to chase you around)! You’ve stood on your own a few times for just a couple of seconds each time. I think maybe you just like being pampered and being carried!

We love you more than words can say! HAPPY 1st BIRTHDAY TO OUR OLIVIA KATE!


We kept things very low key this evening, as Olivia's party is on Saturday.


After dinner, we let Olivia have one of those awesomely good cookies from the grocery store...you know, the ones that just pretty much melt in your mouth!


I hate that this picture is so blurry. She was NOT sure about that flame!


More interested in her balloons at first.


Mmmmmm.....this cookie isn't so bad.


YUM!
We only let her have a couple of bites and then took it away! (isn't her curly hair cute? It's only like that sometimes, but I love it)

We gave Olivia this for her birthday. It's green and pink with polka-dots (which I love). The #1 is metal with a wooden base. I thought it was really sweet.
It says "Already one, how can it be? I'll love you forever, precious baby". Yep, that pretty much sums it up!!!






1 comment:

  1. now why in the world would you give her a cookie and take it away? mean momma

    ReplyDelete