I did manage to snap a few random pictures....so did Olivia! I bet you can pick out which ones she took!
Isn't he handsome?
Pretty girl's ears ALWAYS need to be brushed
Oh....let me tell you a story about these two dogs.
Last night, they killed a rat in our backyard! Right in the middle of the yard! And when I say last night...I mean about 8pm...it was still daylight. I was freaking out. I have what is probably an abnormal fear of rodents. I just don't even want to know they exist. I suppose my parents shielded me from knowing rodents existed growing up! I saw my first mouse & first rat in college and the fear started there.....and has never left.
So...needless to say I was screaming at them to get inside. I could see the rat dead in the yard. I yelled for Jason to go take care of it and just kept hoping it was really a possum (I don't know why I'm not quite as freaked out by possums). NOPE! It was a rat. NO!!!!!!!!!!!! I was dying. I immediately posted on facebook requesting recommendations for exterminators. My mind was racing. Where else they could be? Are they in the house? The garage? The attic? Do they have babies? OMG. I can't handle this.
So Jason went out, bagged it up and said he would take it to a dumpster somewhere. He got back home a few minutes later. I sat on the couch texting a couple of friends FREAKING out. I probably should see someone about my rodent fear.....it's probably irrational....but it's real.
About 9:30pm, someone rang our doorbell. Hmmm...that's weird.
Jason goes to the door, where a lady & her teenage daughter are standing. I'm still in the living room on the couch (after all, rats might be on the floor). So I hear the following "Um, this is going to be a strange request....but we are housesitting next door and her pet rat got out..."
WHAT?!?! NO WAY!
(and I felt immediate relief knowing a wild rat wasn't in my backyard!)
At this point, I get up and go to the door to help Jason out.
The teenage girl is crying. She said she could see it thru the fence and was pretty sure it was dead.
Then: "Do you have the remains? We would like to bury it".
WHAT?!?! NO WAY!
Um....So Jason had to tell her that he disposed of it in a dumpster! She started bawling! I did feel bad for her, but seriously....who takes their pet rat housesitting???? And then let's them loose??? As my mom said, maybe it should have had a collar on so we would have known it was someone's pet!
So.....
1. YAY!!!! I don't have rats afterall (but I'm still skeptical about that garage).
2. If I DID have rats, my dogs would protect me!!! And people think poodles are sissy....jokes on you! :)
So.....there's your lovely rodent story for the day.
Hope you enjoyed. LOL
Hope you enjoyed. LOL
No comments:
Post a Comment