We went with Jason's family to Crystal Beach this past week. Jason and I went down Tuesday and came back Sunday. We have to cross the ferry to get to Crystal Beach, so that added a little to our time, but I think it took us about 6 1/2 hours to get there (shorter on the way home since we didn't have a ferry wait).
We shared a 5 bedroom house with the rest of his family and had a really good time. There's always varying opinions when you have that many adults in one house for that long, but overall it went pretty well!
Here's a few thousand pictures to document the trip!
Long car ride = short nap :)
Super excited to get on the "big boat" aka the ferry. We ended up taking the ferry 4 times and she loved guessing which color we were going to get.
First day on the beach. Daddy built her a big hole, but she wouldn't get in it....and didn't want him to either.
On Friday, Jason and I took Olivia into Galveston and went to Moody Gardens. We thought she might enjoy the small waterpark they have there. We thought wrong. We thought very wrong. I think we spent about 20-30 minutes there, then dried off and went to see some other exhibits.
We went to the Rainforest, the Aquarium & we saw Dora & Diego in 4D. That may have been the highlight of the trip! She LOVED it (Jason and I enjoyed it too). In addition to the 3D experience, there were bubbles in the theatre, and our seats vibrated and we got splashed on when Diego and Dora went thru the waterfall. We only wished it had lasted longer!
More random beach pics....
Olivia wanted a BIG sandcastle. I was unsuccessful in getting ANYONE to participate in helping build it, so this was all I came up with. I'm sorry Olivia. Maybe next time!
Her favorite thing about the beach was finding seashells. This morning, she saw them all on the counter and said "Oh mommy! You brought my seashells home!!!". It's the little things...
We had a photographer come take our pics on the beach. I'm anxious to see how they turned out, but I loved this one of Olivia and her daddy (and of course Griffin who refuses to look at the camera!)
Emily & Wayne
It rained Saturday, so we spent quite a bit of time indoors. Olivia had to "read" the directions to Hi Ho Cheerio to me. She was so funny. I have it on video, but figured a picture will suffice for the blog :)
This was as close as Olivia would get to the water. She was TERRIFIED of the ocean (and to be honest, I'm kind of ok with that). I am not a big fan myself. Sharks DO come in close sometimes. Not often, but stranger things have happened and I'd just assume play it safe. That being said, I did want her to at least let the water come up on her feet or sit and play close to the edge to cool off, but she wouldn't have anything to do with it. These pictures are from the last night there.....it took us 4 days to get her this close to the water!
Love these two running. I might have a little runner on my hands!!! She ran about 1/4 mile down the beach and back...going full force! She was like "Let's run!!!" and take off.
On our last ferry ride (with Emily and Wayne).
We saw lots of dolphins on this ride. Several were really close to the boat. I wish I had known to look for them on the other rides! Oh well!
Our vacation was a good start to what I hope to be a great summer!
No comments:
Post a Comment