Monday, June 4, 2012

Girls Only Weekend

Jason had a weekend away with the boys, so it was just Olivia and I from Friday thru Sunday.

We had such a great weekend....we didn't do much.  For the first time in a while, I didn't feel rushed to get errands done or to get the house cleaned.  We just "hung out".

On Saturday, we went shopping for a new purse and new running shoes.  She was so well behaved the entire time even though we were in places that she'd rather not be (she normally is pretty good when we're out...I can't complain at all, but she seemed especially pleasant)! 

After shopping, we went to eat lunch and to get frozen yogurt.  Yummy.



We ended up going to church Saturday night (our church as a Saturday night service in addition to 2 on Sunday....they are all 3 the same formats).  Anyway, we figured we'd go to church and leave Sunday to do whatever we wanted.

When Sunday rolled around, Olivia wanted to go play at the big kids' playground.

So I changed into my running gear, loaded her up in the jogging stroller and we took off.  We went the long way (to get in some extra mileage).  She kept telling me "turn there mommy!" cause she knew I was going the wrong way. Smarty pants.

The second we got to the park, Olivia saw this:



It was huge.  Like the size of my hand.

We were the only ones there, which kind of made it creepier! Where's daddy when we need him?!?!  Olivia wanted me to kill it with my shoe.  Um, negative!  (and this just a couple of weeks after I got in trouble for killing a small tiny spider in our house because it was God's creatures and we don't kill God's creatures).  Rest assured, she didn't care a bit that this big guy was one of God's creatures.  "Get him mommy!  So we can play!".  Um, no.  I'll watch him and you can play.  She said "no, I just want to go running some more".  And so we did just that.

As we were leaving the park, she said "Oh, I know!  A bug will eat him and we can come back later to play".  Um, yeah, ok!  :)

So off we went to run...which I must say is MUCH more difficult with a 30 pound child and a 20-25 pound jogging stroller with basically 2 flat rear tires.



After our run, we came home and had spinach smoothies.

No milk mustaches here!


Hope everyone had an enjoyable and relaxing weekend!



No comments:

Post a Comment