Sunday, January 22, 2012

Olivia is Three

Stats: 31 Pounds (50th percentile); 36 inches (50th percentile); Wearing mostly 2T clothes, but starting to wear more 3T, particularly in tops.

Potty: You were potty trained at 2 years 5 months. I can barely remember changing diapers and am very thankful (and a little richer) for that!


Food: We stick to milk and water to quench your thirst. I never give you juice, as I don’t see the need for the added sugar to your diet. You’ll thank me one day! I promise! You love yogurt, cheese, blueberries & avocados. You love to snack on cheerios and goldfish. You love it when daddy brings home pizza…and sometimes you’ll actually eat it. You always request hamburgers if we have to eat fast food, but you rarely eat more than 2-3 bites. I would say you are a pretty picky eater, but you do LOVE your sweets when you get to have them! Daddy and I eat dinner much later than you, as you are starving when we get home every night. You always as me “what are you having for dinner?”. I’ll respond, and then you ask “what’s in it?” and I have to proceed with listing the ingredients. After each thing, you either say “yuck, what else?” or you say “oh, I like that! Now what else?”. So funny. You are a character.



Speech: You talk NONSTOP lately. If you are awake, you are talking. You are very inquisitive and ask why a lot. Some phrases you say regularly:



  • "Now, wait a minute!!!”

  • “My daddy tell me I can”…or “My mommy tell me I can" when she's trying to convince the other parent that she should be able to do something.

  • "Oh my goodness!"

Bedtime: We start your bedtime routine between 7:30-7:45 most nights. You ride the train (aka as Daddy's back) to your bed and then roll off his back onto the bed. As you roll from his back to the bed, you say "Mind the gap!" (apparently your daddy..who taught you this...thinks we live in London, as this is what they say when you enter/exit the tube). After you get on your bed, you want me to hold you and sing to you. We typically since the following songs...in the same order. If I decide to get crazy and sing out of order, you quickly remind me of which song I should be singing.



  1. Chim Chimney (from Mary Poppins)

  2. ABC's

  3. Jesus Loves Me

  4. Jesus Loves the Little Children (this one has recently replaced the Dora theme song. I'm happy about that!)

Unfortunatly, you do have nightmares frequently. I hate this for you and hope you'll grow out of it very soon. You typically wake up in the mornings around 7:30-8:00.


Pretend Play: You are very imaginative and always have been. I hear you carrying on big conversations with your baby dolls all the time. You love to play with your kitchen and serve us all dinner. Gracie and Bentley usually get some too. You and your friend Evan at school have an ongoing role-playing game. You are the mommy and he is the baby. When I pick you up, he will tell you “Bye Mommy!” and you say “Bye baby!”. This has been going on for a few weeks. Your teacher says you guys do it all day long. One day I told Evan that he was a big boy, not a baby. He said “No! I’m a baby and she the mommy!”. Well, ok then! We live very close to your school. On the weekends when we drive by, you will say “I’m coming baby, ok?! I almost there! I’m coming!”. I’m glad you love your friends and your school!


Educational Stuff:



  • ABC's & Letter Recognition: You've been able to verbally recite your ABC's for several months. The only part I know you miss is you say "B" instead of "V", but I wouldn't could off for that one! :) You are starting letter recognition and know several letters. You usually get to daycare after they've done the main lessons, so I know it's important that I work on it with you at night. I must admit that I don't do it enough, so hopefully you won't be too far behind! I've recently started to try to really make a point about saying "C" for cat and so on.

  • Numbers: You can count to at least 15...not sure about past that or not. You will rarely count on command for me. You aren't much of a "performer" upon request....never have been!


I just cannot believe that you are THREE! It seems like yesterday you were a "tiny" 9 1/2 pound newborn! We are so thankful for you and only want the best life has to offer for you! We are looking forward to what the next year has to offer, although I sure hope it slows down a little! You are growing too fast! We love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment