Tuesday, January 24, 2012

It's a Jolly Holiday!

We had Olivia's 3rd birthday party last weekend at our house. It was a fairly small event as several people weren't able to come this year.




Our theme: Mary Poppins. Olivia has loved her for the last few months, so I felt it was only appropriate; however, there's not a lot out there for Mary Poppins-themed birthdays, so I had to try and get creative! One positive thing about Mary Poppins not being very commercialized is that I ended up not spending much money at all on the decor! I made the invitations, cupcake toppers, labels, etc. all on my computer. I'm calling this our "birthday on a budget"!





Welcome to 17 Cherry Tree Lane.







I am NOT a cake decorator. I found this porcelain figurine of Mary and decided to use it as a cake topper. I actually liked the way it turned out. Simple...which I like!


We had Spoonfuls of Sugar (cool whip with sprinkles). I think Mary would approve!



Umbrella cookies.






I incorporated the singing/dancing penguins on the menu cards.








Party Favors: Sidewalk Chalk.

I was originally going to let the kids do sidewalk drawings but decided against it since it was on the chilly side.




More party favors: Feed the Birds


(I must say that probably only 1/3 of our guests actually got any of the references. I told them they needed to brush up on their Mary Poppins knowledge before they came!)



The birthday girl! She was SO excited about her party.



Never did get a picture with everyone in it....I'm not sure where Hudson was!




Miss Priss Maggie (and Turner in the back)



I had a coloring station set up where they could color kites. Original plan was to make kites...then I decided they are only 3 and coloring would be much easier!



Pin the Tail on the Kite


Maggie was the winner!



Family Picture



Present Time!



Thanks everyone for all the great gifts! She got a MobiGo and games, princess dress, doctor kit, a charm bracelet, a movie, a swimsuit/cover up, an umbrella...and I'm sure I'm forgetting a few things! Thanks everybody! While she doesn't need a thing, we appreciate it!











Time for Cake!










Olivia had a great party and we appreciate all those that came to celebrate with us!

1 comment:

  1. Great job mom! I love birthday parties where you have to actually think up some ideas rather that run to the party store and but all the premade decor, and what a cute theme! Unfortunately Riley is leaning toward Tangeled for her party this year, I guess it will be princesses for the next few years!

    ReplyDelete