
This tree is done in gold, silver, white, clear and new this year...lime green. I call it my "dressy" tree!

LIVING ROOM
I call this our "Santa tree", although there's a lot of different ornaments on this tree! This is my favorite of our 2 big trees. It's fun, festive and interesting! AND this year, we got to add a couple of new ornaments for our new addition (stork and the little snow baby). I can't wait to start her a tote of ornaments for her to take with her when she gets married. My mom did that with my sister and I, and it's a tradition that I'd love to have with Olivia. It was always fun going to shop for your new ornament (or two) every year! And it gave me a great start to a tree of my own without having to purchase every single ornament!

My mantel was really slacking this year. Between being sick and having a 10 1/2 month old baby, I just found myself cutting many corners when decorating this year!
I do love my Santas/Trees. I just wish I had some garland and lights to go with them! Oh well, there is always next year!

Just a few random decorations around the house. Isn't the reindeer super cute? My mother-in-law gave me that and I just LOVE it! It sits on our fireplace.
We primarily used vintage ornaments on Olivia's tree in her room. We used aqua, pink and green, which are the colors in her room. I loved the way it turned out! She also has a small nativity scene and a Noah's Ark music box (all the animals are dressed in Santa hats, hanging ornaments, etc.). My sister sent it to her, and it's really cute!

KITCHEN
A few years ago, I began collecting these 1950's hand-painted Santa mugs that were made in Japan. My mom and sister collect them as well. I think my mom said she remembers drinking from these when she was young. You can find them in antique stores, and mom sometimes scores at Goodwill! They are typically around $5 each, and they come in 2 different sizes. I am usually much more contemporary, but apparently I like some of the old Christmas decor (Olivia's tree and now these Santas)!
I hope you enjoyed my little tour of our home! Go here to check out more homes!


Love those trees! ANd the handpainted Santa Mugs! So adorable!!
ReplyDeleteLove the tree in Olivia's room : )
ReplyDeleteI'm 9 months pregnant and we can't wait to welcome our little girl into the world in just 4 weeks - and look forward to next Christmas with her {when I can really get the house spruced up!} : )
Thanks for having me over. Everything is just beautiful, you have a lovely home. Love your trees and nativity. The Santa mugs are precious. The perfect place to celebrate Christmas. Thanks for sharing.
ReplyDeleteMerry Christmas!