Sunday, September 20, 2009

8 Months Old - ALREADY!

I absolutely cannot believe my baby is 8 months old! It's going by way too fast! Someone tell me....HOW DO I STOP TIME? I already look back at "baby" pictures and it makes me so sad, and I realize just how fast this sweet child is going to grow up, and I don't want to miss a second!

I haven't done a list of what Olivia is doing in a while, so I thought I would this month!

  • She weighs betwen 17-18 pounds and should probably be wearing 6-9 month clothes, but is still wearing a lot of her 3-6 month summer clothes.


  • She still loves to watch TV, particularly Praise Baby DVD's, Baby Einstein and My Friends Tigger & Pooh (on Disney)

  • She is nicknamed "smiley" by several people at the daycare. They said she just smiles all day long and is the happiest baby (most of the time)!

  • She is now the oldest in her classroom at daycare. When she started, she was by far the smallest, and now she is the big girl in her class and is getting to teach the ropes to the new babies!

  • She is "army" crawling and getting quick, but is still pretty content sitting and playing with her basketfulls of toys. She LOVES to play with her toys.

  • She is becoming increasingly interested in Gracie and Bentley, our 2 standard poodles. They, however, seem to becoming increasingly DISinterested in her!

  • She is still very nosey and seems to think about things a lot.

  • She loves playing Peek-A-Boo. She likes to put her bath towel over her face and remove it when you say "peek-a-boo", but she only covers half of it...she leaves one eye out so she can see! So cute and funny...and she knows it!

  • She has started waving when we leave daycare and tell everyone "bye-bye".

  • She knows where her eyes are and will blink hard & close them both when asked "where are your eyes?" or "show me your pretty eyes". It's difficult to describe, and of course I cannot get it on video..not yet...and she's pretty much refused to do it for the past week! Her Daddy and Nana have both seen her do it, but I think that's about it!


  • She knows Jason's name is Daddy and has called him "Dada" several times. We're pretty sure she said "Mamma" a few times this weekend, but they were only in times of distraught when she was crying, so who knows.

  • She is pretty scheduled when it comes to our evening routine and goes to bed by 7:30 at the latest. This is a time she has come up with, and it works! She will usually sleep about 10-12 hours, wake up and eat, and go back to sleep for another hour or so.

  • She seems to understand the meaning of the word "no".

  • We couldn't love her more if we tried!!! She is a doll and just a perfect little baby girl with a great personality!


    Here are a few pictures from today, her 8-month old birthday!!!






Thanks Merrie Jean for her new toy! She loves the bongos!





No comments:

Post a Comment