Friday, May 22, 2009

Cereal - What a mess!

I really wanted to wait until 5-6 months, but we decided to let Olivia try rice cereal last night. She's been waking up around 2-2:30 every night for the last couple of weeks, and that just really isn't working well with our schedule! There are so many reasons she could be waking up, but since she eats and goes RIGHT back to sleep, I'm assuming that she is just hungry and maybe going thru a growth spurt or something. Anyway, we decided to go ahead and try the cereal.

Olivia had other plans. She was just not going to participate. While I was trying to feed her, she just kept yawning like she was so bored and turning to watch the TV in the living room. When I managed to get some in her mouth, she pushed it all out with her tongue. We finally just gave up and I don't think she swallowed ANY of it. I decided she was too little and figured we would just try again in a couple of weeks. Then she woke up at 11pm and 3am.....that's when I decided that we really shouldn't have given up so quickly and we gave it another shot tonight!

The 2nd attempt was SOOOO much more successful. I realized today that mixing the cereal with formula last night probably wasn't the brightest idea. #1) the cereal was a new taste/texture and #2) she has never had formula, so that was a new taste as well. Tonight I mixed the cereal with breast milk and she took to it much better. She "ate" nearly all of it. I use the word ate loosely as it was basically the consistency of water, but at least she got the taste of some cereal and figured out the spoon a bit.

OH, and how come nobody told me to wait and give her a bath until AFTER she eats??!! Man, what a mess! It sure will be nice when she learns to eat like the little lady she is destined to become!


Getting ready!



Loving that expression. She definitely lets you know how she feels about things.






1 comment:

  1. i love that bib...where did u get that...lol. im gonna have to try the bumbo, ive never fed him in it, im retarded

    ReplyDelete