So I can't believe it. My baby girl officially turned 4 months old yesterday. We went to the doctor for her 4 month check-up and shots. She did great...about 20 seconds of crying and then she was over it. She weighed in at 13 lbs. 13 oz and was 26 inches long. She has grown 6 inches since she was born a short 4 months ago! That's just amazing to me. She was in the 50th percentile for weight, 90-95th percentile for length and 50th percentile on her head size (has remained at 50 since birth). I don't think the percentiles are worth a whole lot, but they provide me the info so I am passing it along!
HERE ARE SOME THINGS SHE IS NOW DOING AT 4 MONTHS OLD:
- Rolls from tummy to back
- Rolls from back to tummy pretty much the second you lay her down on her back.
- She is now sleeping on her tummy *see above*
- She lights up at the sight of her Daddy every evening. She gives him BIG smiles.
- She decided about 1-2 weeks ago to wake up around 2:30am every single night to eat! I keep telling her that she isn't allowed to sleep thru the night for weeks and weeks and weeks and all of a sudden decide that she wants midnight feedings! Our alarm goes off at 4:30, so this 2:30 feeding is really beginning to wear on me!
- She LOVES her little baby doll that her cousins Ally and MacKenzie sent to her for Easter.
- She loves anything she can put in her mouth...which appears to be everything!
- She is still sleeping in our room, although she is not in our bed. We plan on moving her to her own room soon.....really....we are.....
- She seems to be a "thinker". Those of you who have been around her know that she appears to always be contemplating something. The doctor noticed yesterday that she really studies everything and is very aware of her surrounding. She has basically been this way since birth.
- She occasionally plays with her feet, but this is not a high priority on her daily list of to-do's.
- She is wearing a lot of 0-3 month clothes, but is gradually moving into 3-6 month (mainly due to her length).
- Her diet consists of breast milk only; however, we are adding rice cereal any day now...possibly tonight! I'm hoping it will help her sleep thru the night again.
- She is sooooooooooo happy in the mornings. I'm jealous that her Daddy gets to spend every morning with her while I'm at work.
The only picture I took on her 4 month birthday. This is her favorite past time...taking a daily nap in her swing!
No comments:
Post a Comment