So, I'm a few days late, but Kelly's Korner did a post on working moms the other day, so I thought I'd go ahead and join in!
A Day in My Life
4:45am Wake Up
5:00am Leave the house and drive an hour to gym/work
4:00pm Leave work for the hour-plus drive home
5:30-6pm Pick up Olivia and head home.
6:00pm Cook Olivia's Dinner
6:30ish Give Olivia a bath (Jason usually arrives home during bathtime)
7:30ish Read books, potty and start bedtime routine
8:00ish Sit down for the first time. Jason & I eat dinner, which I prepared at some point in the evening
9:30-10 Go to bed and get ready to do it all over again!
Really exciting, right?!?!?!
My house stays a wreck these days.
Laundry only gets about half done.
Dinners are crockpot meals more often than they're not.
The beds are never made.
And Saturdays typically consist of running errands and grocery shopping.
One day, I'm going to get it all together and be the perfect wife & mom, but until then, I guess I'll keep doing what I'm doing! And just maybe one day we'll play, win the lottery and I can write a post about being a stay-at-home mom! Awww...to dream! (And to my stay at home mom friends, I know it's not a cake walk....but there is a lot of guilt that comes with working outside of the home and only getting to see my child for approximately 2 hours a day. I just hope she knows how much I love her and how much I wish I could be with her. Truth be told, she LOVES school and would probably hate being with me everyday anyway! LOL).
I came here from SUYL. Your little girl is so cute! I have two girls and it is so much fun!
ReplyDelete