Sunday, March 20, 2011

5th Wedding Anniversary

Jason and I celebrated our 5th wedding anniversary on March 18. We are trying to save money for a trip we have planned in June, so we had a little staycation here in Fort Worth.

We decided to stay at the new Omni and had a fancy dinner at Bob's Steak & Chop House. This meant Olivia got to spend the night at her grandparents' house for the first time. It was actually my first night away from her ever! Yes, I'm aware she was 2 in January. And yes, we survived being apart!

During our staycation, we visited the Water Gardens. I've lived here for about 8 years, and I had never seen them.

Nothing spectacular.

Nothing to really write home about.

But I suppose they are worth writing about on the blog!

It is pretty neat that there are these bodies of water in the middle of downtown. It's fairly serene in a busy area of town. I could see where it may be a popular place for downtown residents to hang out on a Sunday afternoon.....but again, nothing spectacular.

The Quiet Pool
(I think that's what it was called)

In 2004, a father and three children died in this fountain. VERY sad. The Gardens were closed for a while, and my understanding is they still aren't what they used to be (for safety reasons), but it was a very somber moment staring at this pool.
If you look closely, you can see me & my hubby!


Do you see the rainbow???


Jason riding "Molly the Trolley". We totally played tourist!

Slightly annoyed at my picture taking.


Meet Molly....the Trolley
(it's kind of just a little bus...not sure it's exactly what most people think of as a trolley)


HAPPY 5TH ANNIVERARY JASON! HERE'S TO 70 MORE!
WELL, MAYBE 60 MORE....I'M NOT SURE I WANT TO LIVE TO 101!

1 comment:

  1. Happy Anniversary! I went to the water gardens last April while I was up visiting a friend. You need to go back at night, the lights on the water are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete