Thursday, October 21, 2010

21 Months Old (a day late)

You are only 3 months away from being 2! I can hardly believe it! It makes me so sad to see my little baby leaving me, but at the same time it’s such a joy to watch you grow and learn every day!


WEIGHT: approximately 24 pounds, which has been pretty constant for the last few months.

CLOTHING: You are getting a little tall for 18 month pants, but 24 month pants swallow you! You are mainly still wearing your 12-18 month clothes, but I bought all 18-24 month Fall/Winter clothes, so you may just start wearing them big (that is, if it ever cools off).

DIAPERS: Size 5 in Target, size 4 in other brands (apparently Target runs a bit small)

PERSONALITY: You are super funny. You definitely keep us on our toes. Just last night, our heads bumped while we were sitting on the couch…you pointed your finger in my face and said “Mamma, no! no! no!”. I was scared you were either going to spank me or put me in time out next! HA! You are leery of strangers, but you definitely want them to recognize you at the same time. You will yell “Hi” across the store trying to get people’s attention, but when they give it to you, you tend to act shy. At church this past Sunday, a lady said she just had to come kiss you because you were too cute, and when she did, you pretty much looked at her like she was crazy.

VOCABULARY: I can’t even begin to list the words you know. We were doing flash cards the other night and I was amazed at how many you were able to say. I didn’t even know you knew the word “airplane” until I showed you the flashcard! You said “airplane!” and looked up. So sweet!!!

NUMBERS: I just started trying to teach you to count (bad mommy)! We’ve made it to two. HA! I say one…you say two…then we’re pretty much done! Maybe by next month’s update we’ll make it to five!

POTTY TRAINING: We haven’t really started trying yet. You do tend to tell me when you need a diaper and you will sit on the potty for a minute before getting in the bath (which is the only time I ask you to sit on the potty). Tonight you even went potty for the first time in the big potty!!!!! I was so proud of you! However, it pretty much traumatized you, and I think you may not do it again until you are at least 10! HA! Due to the obvious distraught it caused, we picked a book about potty training for your bedtime story! I'm not sure you (or mommy) are quite ready!

Here's a few pics of you tonight before bed...you really weren't too interested in taking pictures.

Holding your potty training book...

I think you have the BEST eyelashes ever! I know I'm partial, but I'm just crazy about you!




WE LOVE YOU BABY GIRL!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment