The last few days have been rough for our little family. Saturday was pretty normal. We ran a few errands Sat. morning, then I had a Thirty-One party Sat. afternoon. Sunday, on the other hand, didn't start out too great. Olivia woke up fussy, which is super unusual. I knew something wasn't right. Then I picked her up and knew immediately that we had a high fever....105.2. UGH! Any mother will know that your heart just starts breaking for your little one for having to be that miserable!
So Sunday consisted of.....Tylenol, lukewarm bath, Motrin, nap, Tylenol, lukewarm bath, Motrin, nap, etc. I spoke with the nurse numerous times. She was great and kept making me call back to give her updates. I really love the treatment we get from our doctor's office (well, with the exception of the office staff...they could use a little work).
So Sunday consisted of.....Tylenol, lukewarm bath, Motrin, nap, Tylenol, lukewarm bath, Motrin, nap, etc. I spoke with the nurse numerous times. She was great and kept making me call back to give her updates. I really love the treatment we get from our doctor's office (well, with the exception of the office staff...they could use a little work).
We went to the doctor on Monday. Her ears looked perfect. Her throat had a lot of irritation and puss pockets; however, she tested negative for strep. So they then sent us for bloodwork. Her blood count came back normal, so for now, they're saying it's just a virus. They did blood cultures as well, but it takes 72 hours for those to start coming back. Again, we aren't expecting anything other than "normal".
This poor baby has had more trouble for being a "healthy" child. I know so many families out there deal with much worse than ear infections and high fevers, and I know we are blessed to have a healthy baby girl. I just wish she didn't ever have to suffer, but I know that's unrealistic as long as we're living on this Earth!
For now, she is doing a little better. Her daddy stayed home with her today, and we plan on sending her to school tomorrow, although I'm sure she'll get sent home! As long as we can keep her fever below 103, she is in pretty good spirits and runs around and plays. She's such a sweet and strong little girl!
No comments:
Post a Comment