Olivia is 15 months old today! With each day that passes, I feel like my baby is slipping away and becoming more and more like a toddler....a very strong-willed toddler! How does it happen SO FAST? Lightening speed! Yet at the same time, I can barely remember those first few weeks. I'm really not sure how I survived....I was a zombie, as I'm sure a lot of new moms are....from being in the hospital for 4 nights with NO sleep whatsoever to coming home to a new baby that ate every 2-3 hours.....trying to recover from the c-section....trying to keep house clean and cook dinners....trying to figure out what the different cries meant....trying to sleep but not really being able to as I had to check her constantly to make sure she was still breathing....and being so overwhelmed and terrified that I'd never figure it all out and that I would totally screw up as a parent! WHEW...Looking back, maybe it really is getting much easier....even with her "little" tantrums!
Olivia is learning so much on a daily basis, it's hard to even think of it all anymore! She still loves her momma, daycare, her puppies, oh, and daddy too! She is really becoming a pretty good eater, which I didn't think would ever happen. She will almost at least try anything I give her. Her favorites at the moment are grilled cheeses, french fries, lunch meat, cheese and black beans. She still eats a lot of fruit as well, although we've found she has an allergy to strawberries. What a shame! Hopefully she'll grow out of that one!
We went to the doctor yesterday and she weighs about 22 pounds and is 31.5 inches long. She's wearing size 18 month clothes, size 4 diapers, size 3-4 shoes and is generally a very happy baby (unless of course you tell her "no", then you better watch out)!
Olivia, we love you so so so so very much! You are a little mess that keeps us on our toes, and we couldn't have asked for anything more!
No comments:
Post a Comment