Sunday, March 21, 2010

14 Months Old & Strep

Two days before Olivia was 14 months old, daycare called me to come get her, as her fever was 103. I took her to the doctor thinking she probably had another ear infection, but instead she tested positive for strep. My mom came to town this weekend as planned, although she wasn't feeling well either; and I think I have had a sinus infection, so none of us felt like doing much this weekend! Olivia was pretty pitiful. It took 2-3 days to get the fever to come down and she DID NOT feel good AT ALL. She would just sit on the couch with me or mom and just hang out and watch TV. She watched more TV this weekend than she probably ever has, but I guess that's ok! Whatever the sick princess wants!

Yes, I understand it's not summer, but her fever was so high (up to 104.5), so I had her dressed very light! She has recently decided that she LOVES her chair, so we've officially moved it to the living room. She sits in it all the time. So sweet!

Align Center Sitting way too close to the TV, but I loved her eyebrows! Apparently she was slightly confused by something.




So, here's a few things Olivia is doing at 14 months old.
  • Still not walking, but she does have a "crab" walk. I'll have to get this one on video for sure. Everyone that sees her do it says they've never seen another baby do it.


  • She wears 12-18 month clothes, size 4 diapers, and size 3 shoes.


  • At her doctor's appointment Thursday, she weighed 23 pounds with shoes/clothes, so I am assuming she's probably 22 1/2 or so.


  • She says momma, dadda, daddy, hi, hey, thank you, ball, book, uh-oh, my (also known as mine....mommy doesn't like this one!), Gracie, bzzzzz (what the bee says)....there may be a few others, but it's hard to think of them at once!


  • She still loves daycare and her teachers.


  • She loves her puppies


  • She HATES the church nursery


  • She definitely has strong opinions and is quite strong-willed.


  • She will throw a mini tantrum in a heartbeat if she doesn't get her way. She is becoming the queen of kicking her legs. Lucky for us, she gets over it quickly and doesn't do it TOO often! Most of the time she's an angel!


  • She is becoming a better eater and trying new things often. She loves thin deli meat, canned apples & pears, pancakes, toast, eggs, waffles. I think she's going to be a good breakfast eater.


  • She still gets a bottle a few times/day as she refuses to drink milk out of a cup. Daycare has really been working on this, so maybe we can eliminate the bottle in the next few weeks.....like I said, maybe!


  • She thinks her daddy looks like Bobby Flay. Too bad he doesn't cook like him! (Last night we watched Iron Chef, and when they introduced Bobby Flay, she got super excited and started yelling "Daddy! Daddy! Daddy!" at the TV. She cracks me up!




Olivia, we love you more and more each day!


No comments:

Post a Comment