Sunday, February 21, 2010

13 Months

Olivia, I can't believe you are already 13 months old! It seems like your first birthday was a week ago! What are you doing at 1 year and 1 month old? Well, here's a little list...


  • You seem to have gained a lot of weight since switching from formula to whole milk....or maybe it's because you aren't quite as picky as you used to be and are eating a lot more food. Regardless, I think you've recently gone through a growth spurt.
  • You have 6 teeth, and just a month ago you only had 1! You cut your 2nd bottom one and four top ones all at the same time! Luckily you aren't too fussy about it though. Thank goodness!
  • Last week we taught you that a bee says "bzzzzz", and I'm pretty sure yesterday you said dog for the first time. (I usually call them puppies, which I'm sure would be much more difficult for you to say!)
  • You took 2 steps yesterday! You're starting to stand alone a lot more and are getting braver by the day, but you are still very cautious and hold on to my hands VERY tightly when walking.
  • You cover your mouth when you cough. I don't know if you are doing it naturally or if someone taught it to you, but it's really cute.
  • You still LOVE daycare and love going. Sometimes you even cry when I pick you up! Mrs. Marlyn (your teacher) goes to our church and you always seem confused but very excited to see her there! I wish she also kept the church nursery because you've decided that you HATE going in there. You did better last week, so maybe we're making some progress!
  • You know "more" and "please" in sign language. You may know more, but that's all I've picked up on! They teach you that at daycare. You also do art projects regularly, and I hear you love it.
  • Currently, your Bumbo is your favorite "toy". You love to get in it, get out, get in it, get out....you'll do it for a good 20-30 minutes if we let you. You were "missing" one day last week, and I finally found you sitting in your closet in your Bumbo. Silly girl!
  • You smile and say "hey" to everyone we meet in public. You think everyone has to talk to you. You may be spoiled just a little bit.

We love you very very very much! At this rate, your 2nd birthday will be here before we know it! You are growing up way too fast for mommy, but with each day you get cuter and funnier (but also gain more and more attitude....who know that it started so young??!?!?.....I'm being told you learned it from your momma....but I don't believe that!!!).

No comments:

Post a Comment