It's been a while since I've written some specifics about Olivia...and I had a friend that just did a Pre-K list, so thought I would sort of follow with my own version.
Stats
Age: 4 1/2 (as of July 20)
Weight: around 38 pounds
Height: Not sure, but definitely less than 42 inches
(which was the requirement for some of the water park rides yesterday).
Weight: around 38 pounds
Height: Not sure, but definitely less than 42 inches
(which was the requirement for some of the water park rides yesterday).
Wearing mostly 4T, although she has a few 3T shorts/jeans she still wears.
Favorite Food
Peanut Butter & Jelly Sandwich --- she LIVES on them
Favorite Toy
She plays with her babies a lot....probably more than anything else. She also really enjoys her kitchen and doing puzzles.
Favorite Toy
She plays with her babies a lot....probably more than anything else. She also really enjoys her kitchen and doing puzzles.
Favorite TV Shows
Little Bill
Lalaloopsy (or WaWaWoopsy as she says)
Favorite Movie
Favorite Movie
Toy Story (all of them)
Favorite Song
"Never ever" - Taylor Swift (I don't know the real name of it)
Only a Boy Named David
(these are my observations of Olivia's favorites and not necessarily the same answers she would provide. Lol. I'll have to quiz her later!)
Funny Sayings
"I was just talking to myself" (after I've asked her to repeat something)
"My heart is beeping"
"Is it fog yet or is it still summer?"
"My heart is beeping"
"Is it fog yet or is it still summer?"
She's been in her Pre-K class all summer but they technically start "school" next week. She can't wait and is so excited to get back to doing worksheets again. I hope she keeps her love for learning alive for many many years to come!
Reading
As most parents do, we spell out words when we don't want her to hear us. Mrs. Misty (her pre-k teacher) said we'll have to stop spelling any 3 letter words by October...she's confident she'll know most of them by then....hard to believe but I guess we shall see! I know she will be THRILLED if she can read a little by then. She wants to read more than anything.
She knows all of her letters and the sounds they make. I'm obviously not a teacher. I hope her teacher helps guide me on how to help her because I have no clue how to teach someone to read!!!
Numbers
She can count to 100 --- although she gets stuck on some of the higher numbers when it's time to move to the next 10. She can make it to about 50 before she starts getting a little confused.
She is beyond inquisitive. Regardless of the answer you provide to a question, she WILL have a follow up question. And then another one. And then another....and yet another one. She never runs out of questions. I guess that's a good thing -- it's how she learns. But sometimes you just want to yell "STOP IT!!!" Hahaha. She pretty much never stops talking. Most of the time it's pretty cute and humorous though :)
No comments:
Post a Comment