I woke up Friday SO excited to go running in the cold weather that blew into North Texas overnight; I was very disappointed to find out that not only did it blow in colder temps, but it blew in something that my body did not like! It's now Sunday night, and I'm beginning to wonder if I'm not getting the flu. I feel awful...chest congestion, chills, fever I think, soreness....BOO!
Ok, enough of my sob story....on to our weekend....
As moms, life must go on, right?!
I woke up at 5:30am and volunteered at our Bountiful Baskets site. I think 2 hours in 35 degree temps probably wasn't my brightest idea when I was already feeling a little puney.
Saturday night we went to a Costume Party and Olivia spent the night at Gram E's.
We had about a week to prepare (as I seemed to lose track of time in planning).
We had about a week to prepare (as I seemed to lose track of time in planning).
And I present....
Mary Poppins and Bert, the chimney sweep
I made a few trips to Good Will (Jason's vest, shirt, my jacket, skirt).
I made the chimney sweep. I cut off the bristles of an old broom and stuck it into styrofoam and spray painted it. Then I wrapped an old broomstick with black duct tape and pushed it/glued into the styrofoam.
I bought daisies at the Dollar Tree and glued them and cherries onto a hat. The hat wasn't spot-on, but I think we got the point across.
I made the red bow tie with a $0.34 piece of ribbon from Walmart.
Hope you enjoyed our costumes! I'll share Olivia's soon....I'm tired and ready for bed!
No comments:
Post a Comment