Sunday, November 6, 2011

Taco Pizza

I know at least one person that's made a recipe I've suggested, so I thought I'd pass along another one. I found out about Taco Pizza from reading another person's blog. My friend Clancy reads the same blog and also thought it looked like a good one. I let her try it first, and after her recommendation, we gave it a try. I think we've made it 3-4 times now. It's a new household favorite!


Click on the link for the recipe: The Pionner Woman's Taco Pizza

As with virtually all recipes, I tweak it. I do NOT make my crust. P-l-e-a-s-e. Who does that?!?! LOL


I don't do the crunchy tortillas on top (reduces some of the fat/calories by omitting).


I use reduced-fat or fat-free cheese (fat-free melts like rubber though....fair warning).


I use light or fat free sour cream for the sauce. The sauce makes this pizza good. Don't omit the sauce!!!


RECOMMENDATION: If there is only 2 of you eating this, I suggest putting the toppings (particularly the lettuce) on half at a time. Otherwise, the heat makes it wilt by the time you get around to eating the whole pizza. And yes, the entire pizza gets eaten in my house. I eat a normal serving. Jason eats the rest! But it really is very filling and should be able to feed 3-4!When I made it last night, he was suprised to learn that there isn't any meat on it, and we've eaten it several times. It really is yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment