Sunday, November 6, 2011

No More Paci!

Other than when she was a little newborn, Olivia has only used her paci at bedtime. When she got up in the morning, the paci would just remain in her bed. Since she turned 2, I've hinted around that we should probably get rid of it (she literally only has one paci). She's not been interested. I could see the fear in her eyes whenever I mentioned it, and since the dentist has already told us she'll almost definitely need early orthodontia work (not paci-related), I just didn't see the big deal or reason to push the issue yet.




Friday night I went to put her to bed as usual, and when I grabbed her paci to give it to her, she looked at me like I had lost my mind and said "I don't need a paci. I a big girl!". Oh. Well. My bad!




She's only asked for it once since, and it was jokingly. I'm shocked how easy this has been...and am SOOOOO beyond thankful that we didn't have many miserable sleepless nights!






As a reward for being such a big girl, I bought her a big girl game...Candy Land. She immediately made me open it so we could play it...even before she had breakfast (which she does IMMEDIATELY after waking up)! She did a pretty good job too! She is a slight cheater, as in she really only wanted to draw the purple cards. If she didn't draw one, she'd draw again. Don't worry. I put her in her place! Ha!




We played the whole game, and she managed to pull out a win...first timer's luck!





No comments:

Post a Comment