Pinterest. What a love/hate relationship I have with that site! Besides awesome organizational ideas, craft ideas, hairstyles, decoration ideas, etc....people post recipes. I've pinned quite a few healthy ones, but I've also come across a few others that just looked too good to pass up, even if they were a little heavy in the calorie/fat categories!
I've taken pics for you the last couple of weeks. Why? I have NO IDEA! HA! It's really hard to take pretty pictures of food, and I've definitely NOT accomplished that, but I'm posting anyway! But I still wanted to share....if you are like me, then you get stuck in a rut cooking the same foods over and over and over again!
I'm also including the links to the recipes (just click on the recipe title). I'm pretty sure I tweaked each recipe's ingredients. I RARELY follow one perfectly.
CHICKEN ENCHILADA PASTA
***If you don't try any others, you might want to try this one!
***If you don't try any others, you might want to try this one!
Oh my gooodness....this was yummy! And definitely the most unhealthy recipe of all (go figure, right?!). Pasta. Cheese. Sour cream. Spice. What more could you want??? If you know me, then you know I eliminated the red bell pepper (yuck). I used whole wheat pasta, low fat sour cream and low fat cheese, but still no way was this helping out my scale this week! Heat warning! This recipe definitely has a little kick to it.
Verdict: Will definitely make again, but only on very rare occassions since we try to cook healthy. It was even good on the 2nd night!
A nice little twist on a traditional taco. Adding in the black beans not only added an extra element, but it also really stretched the recipe. We were able to eat 2 meals on this (could be more, but my hubby likes to eat!). I used the mini wontons, but in regular muffin tins. You put one wonton, then some of the meat/bean mixture, then another wonton on top (2 wontons per "cupcake").
Verdict: Will make again. If you are wanting a crunchy taco, the wontons are definitely healthier than traditional taco shells. They don't taste just like a taco, but it was still a nice change of pace.
Just top with your favorite toppings!
I love cilantro-lime rice. I typically see it mainly at burrito places like Chipolte, Freebirds and Qdoba. We had it as a side to our Taco Cupcakes.
Verdict: I think it could be good. I'm not very good at cooking white rice though. It's always really sticky. Maybe I'll try it with brown rice next time to up the healthy factor (although I did use less oil...maybe that's why it was sticky?!?!).
When I saw this recipe on Pinterest, I knew I had to make them for Jason. Bread, egg & bacon. The perfect breakfast, right?! I was hesitant that they would actually taste good though!
BEFORE THE OVEN:
I couldn't believe how much the bread actually toasted. I did overcook slightly. The yolk in the egg wasn't runny like Jason would have liked it to be, so if we make these again, I'll probably cook them a few minutes shorter than the recipe says.
AFTER THE OVEN:
Caution: These are really filling! I only ate one. Olivia ate part of one (she didn't like). And Jason had 2-3, but he said he was stuffed and couldn't eat anymore.
Verdict: Sure, we'll probably try them again. Not an every weekend thing, but worth doing again. Jason even ate the leftovers with ranch dressing (EEK!).
(you knew I had to throw in a pic of our princess, right?!)
This was our dinner tonight. I totally changed this recipe (didn't use feta or plain parm...used a blend of Italian cheeses...but I did use the ricotta...well, a low-fat version). I also don't have white pepper. I used black pepper. NO CLUE if they even taste similar! HA.
Verdict: Jason really enjoyed it. It's not exactly on my healthy eating plan, so I only had one roll. It was ok. I guess we'd try again (when I'm allowed to eat that much cheese again....so probably never)! If you need something a little new and different, give it a shot.
Ok, so one more to share with you....but no pic (I'm too lazy to get it off my phone...probably from all this heavy food I've eaten)!
These ENERGY BALLS are YUMMY!!! Definitely a must-try! Go ahead...click the link! I've made a batch of these a week for the past 3-4 weeks. I originally wanted a good snack idea for Olivia. But of course, she won't touch them, but Jason and I like them! They are small and you shouldn't eat too many, but they are really good!
Ok, so maybe I've given you a few ideas for dinner next week! I have several more things "pinned", so maybe I'll have more for you in a week or two!
No comments:
Post a Comment