I'll have to admit. I was nervous about the 4 1/2-5 hour car trip with a fairly newly potty-trained 2 1/2 year old. After about 20 minutes, Olivia started saying her tummy hurt. And about 2 minutes later, she threw up. And another 30 seconds later, she got sick again. I must admit...it was my fault...I had given her benadryl for her runny nose on an empty stomach. I should have known better. Since I knew this was the culprit, I just pulled over, cleaned her up, changed clothes and hit the road again. I can't remember for sure, but I think we stopped 4-5 times to potty. Not great. Not as bad as I thought it would be. And we somehow still managed to make it in 5 hours!
My sister and her girls (Ally, 13 and MacKenzie, 7) met us at mom's house as well. It had been months since we had seen them (they just moved back south from Wisconsin....but they are still 7-8 hours from me). We were so glad to see them and I was so glad Olivia got to play with her cousins. She and MacKenzie played and played and played. MacKenzie kept dressing her up and would make her come model. Olivia would model for about 5 seconds, then say "I done" and go get a new outfit.
Dressed up with no place to go.
Ally looks just like Lindsey to me! I can't believe she is almost 13 years old. Makes me feel super old.
ReplyDelete