Sunday, July 31, 2011

Just the Two of Us

Jason went out of town this weekend, so Olivia and I had a girls' weekend. It's too hot to really do anything, and I DESPISE the heat. Last I heard, we were on day 28 of 100+ temps, and that was a few days ago....and it's not letting up...the forecast for Wednesday is 108-109. I can't imagine what the heat index is going to be! We've also only had 2 days of precipitation since sometime in May. Please pray for rain...not only for us in North Texas, but the entire state as well.


Back to our weekend....since it was too hot to try and make plans to do something fun, we just decided to hang out around the house, which is something I really haven't done in a while. We got up Saturday and ran a few errands while it was still cool (it was in the 90's when we were running our errands....so pretty sure the word "cool" wasn't the appropriate word)!


When we got home, Olivia wanted to paint. I was hoping it was a picture for me, but she was adamant that it was for her daddy.


Showing me her finished product for daddy!



Olivia's teacher gave her pigtails at school every day last week and she LOVED them. Apparently she would ask for them everyday after she got to school, so needless to say, she requested pigtails this weekend too.


I think it's going to be a while before we have long flowing pigtails!



We ran a couple of errands after nap on Saturday, and I stopped and got Olivia a Happy Meal from McDonalds. My main reason was because I wanted to see the "new" happy meals (the ones with part fries/part apples), but apparently they aren't out yet because we were asked to choose between apples/fries. Olivia chose apples - good girl!


So I took this picture to remember my "big girl" moment. Olivia carried her Happy Meal inside. By the time I put my purse/bags down, she had "set" her table and already started eating. I guess she was hungry!



During dinner, she apparently decided to feed her baby avocado and banana pudding ( my additions to her Happy Meal dinner). *sigh*



Saturday night we read books and played with puzzles. She LOVES puzzles and is quite good at them! I don't have any bigger than 9 pieces. Maybe I should keep my eyes open for some bigger ones!



This morning before church it got eerily quiet while I was in my bathroom getting ready. So I hurridly ran to check on her and found her here.....reading to her baby. How sweet is that?!?




Olivia loves going to church, which makes me very happy! When she can see it, she starts yelling "My church! That's my church!". When I say "it's my church too", she says "Nope!". HA.








We enjoyed our mommy/daughter weekend, but are also glad to have daddy back home with us! Hope you all have a good week!



No comments:

Post a Comment