Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Memorial Day Weekend 2011





OUR RELAXING 3-DAY WEEKEND....





SATURDAY




We woke up Saturday morning with plans to run errands, nap and then go swimming at Gram E's house. Olivia's ear had other plans and we spent the morning at the pediatric urgent care for an ear infection. And let me tell you....on a holiday weekend, that is kind of a crazy place!








I'm normally a very cautious-by-the-book mom, but we decided to go ahead and go swimmming anyway. Olivia didn't act sick at all and for once in her life, she wasn't running a fever. And...we figured she wouldn't get her head wet anyway and that it wouldn't be any different than the bath. Ok, now that I've defended myself you can stop judging me for being a bad mom! HA!






Here we are trying to figure out this flotation device....which I DO NOT recommend for someone of her age. Luckily, this super-cautious-mom had a backup Dora life jacket!










Swimming is exhausting!










SUNDAY



On Sunday, we went to church, napped & played outside.










We blew up her little pool from last year. Her daddy let her get in it before I changed her into a swimsuit. Oh well! Ha.





I should have cropped this closer....the pool has cup holder, and Olivia placed her cup in one and would lean down and drink out of it. At one point she was concerned because she had "made a mess" (she was drinking water). Silly girl.














MONDAY




Monday was really relaxing. We pretty much didn't do anything! After we all took naps, we took Olivia to the park to play and feed the ducks.







Little girl on a big slide!




She would get finished and say "I do mo" and run around to get on it again.







Look at the ducks!





Jason and Olivia sliding.


They totally hogged this slide for a good 10-15 minutes.




I hope everyone had a good 3-Day Weekend!


And thank you to all of those that do or have served our country! We owe you so much more than "thanks"!





1 comment:

  1. Emory has the same swimsuit! Olivia's pictures are too cute, especially the one with her Daddy!

    ReplyDelete