I think it's SO important to spend quality time with your children. As a working mom, it's sometimes difficult to find time and to remember to slow down. Weeknights are busy eating dinner, taking baths and going to bed, but we try to make sure we reserve book time and a little play time as well. I also try to utilize bathtime as a time to sit, talk and play games. Weekends are busy doing all the things we can't do during the week, like grocery shopping, cleaning house, washing clothes, etc.; however, I have learned to set aside some of those things in order to spend time with my daughter. Life will go on and be ok if the house isn't super clean. Kids grow to fast to get caught up in those little things!
So, today Olivia and I decided to make cookies. It's 5 days before Christmas and I have company coming, but I have faith everything will get done! I've wanted to make cookies with Olivia for the last few weekends and I finally decided to just do it! This was a first for us. I wasn't sure how she'd do or if she would listen to me, but she was awesome! She totally understood everything. When we were low on flour and our rolling pin was sticking, she'd tell me to put on "mo" flour. She cut a lot of the cookies herself. She was 100% into it.
The pictures pretty much speak for themselves....she LOVED making cookies!
No comments:
Post a Comment