This was my Granddaddy's chair when he was little. Mom said she thinks his uncle built it for him, but Granddaddy, we need confirmation of that! HA! I was lucky enough to have my great-grandparents until I was in college, and this little chair sat in their living room for as long as I can remember. It now sits in my Granddaddy's living room. I'm glad Olivia got to take her turn sitting in the little chair too! I love it!
On Saturday, we went out and visited with Charisa and her family. Mom and Connie (Charisa's mom) can get together and talk for HOURS, so we were there for quite a while! It was so good to see them and hang out for a bit. It seems like our visits are usually very hurried, so the relaxed atmosphere was nice!
And here she is today getting ready to go out and battle the rain! She woke up coughing a lot in the middle of the night and has ran a low fever for a few days, so we kept her home and went to the doctor. Turns out it's a sinus infection, which means antibiotics, which in turn means TORTURE for mom and dad twice a day for 10 days. *SIGH*
SIDE NOTE:
Olivia has said a few "sentences" recently. Her first was "Hi Nana!" on the phone. Ok, so it's not a long sentence, but it is a sentence! HA! She has also said "Bye-Bye Water" (talking to the bath water as she watches it go down the drain...Gram E taught her that) and she said "Night Night Nana" plain as day this weekend; she told Jason "Thank You Daddy" last night. Her vocabulary has really blossomed lately. I know a lot of her words are probably only works that I know as I hear them all the time, but she definitely tries to say A LOT. Lately, she's been repeating everything. We sing "backpack backpack" from Dora; she tries to say "Yo Gabba Gabba" as it's currently her favorite show; the list goes on and on and on and on. It's just amazing how much her little brain can hold!
No comments:
Post a Comment