THE RECEPTION
This week Kelly's Korner is hosting Show Us Your Life-Receptions & Honeymoons. The majority of my wedding and honeymoon pictures are saved on another computer, which isn't currently working, so I'll just share the few I do have! I loved the decor for our reception. The "theme" was black and white, and we used a lot of polka-dots. We hung different sizes of black & white paper lanterns from the ceiling, which I loved, but my favorite thing was probably all of the candles we used. We bought white candles and wrapped with ribbons. I think they turned out great! Someone was just telling me the other day that they remembered the food being good. We did a buffet-style dinner that included a mashed potato martini bar, which I think everyone really enjooyed. Most importantly, I think we had a fun, laid-back reception, with lots of dancing and laughing. I hope you that were in attendance agree!


Our honeymoon started with sitting on the airplane for a couple of hours before takeoff. I don't even remember what the problem was, but I believe it was weather-related. Once we did take off, we flew to San Fransisco for a couple of days. We stayed at the W, which was really nice. We enjoyed going down to Fisherman's Wharf and touring Alcatraz. For some reason, I don't have ANY pics of San Fran on this computer. We had a good time, although Jason beleives SF is just full of crazy people, and I don't think he has any desire to go back!
We rented a car and drove to Lake Tahoe. LOVED IT. We stayed at the Hyatt Regency on North Lake Tahoe, which is not nearly as touristy as South Lake Tahoe. It was extremely laid back, and it is just beautiful. We ate at a lot of little local restaurants that were really good. We even managed to find us a somewhat decent Mexican food place. Yea! We drove down to South Lake Tahoe one day and explored a bit. We wanted to drive around the entire lake, but parts of the road were closed. They had their last snow storm while we were there, which I LOVED, but it did confine us a bit to areas within walking distance of our hotel. We're hoping to get to go back for our 5 year anniversary. I wonder if they'll mind a 2 year old coming with us? Hmmm....!








No comments:
Post a Comment