Tuesday, February 26, 2013

February

Long time, no see!

It's been a busy month and I've been a terrible mom when it comes to picture-taking!

I have to document a little conversation from last night before I forget.

While putting Olivia to bed, she asked me to scratch her back, but then jumped because my hands were so cold.  I explained that there wasn't much I could do about it, and she'd either have to go without me scratching her back or she'd have to handle my cold hands. 

She said "Mommy?  Why don't you ask God to warm them up for you? OK?"

I looked at her and smiled.

She said "well....do it....ask Him!"

So I said a quick prayer and asked God to warm my hands so I could scratch her back.

Immediately after the prayer, she felt them and said "Mom!  It's working!  God did it!"

So we had a convo about how God can do anything and how he wants us to ask for all things, both big and small.  He likes to give us our heart's desires, even though we think it may be too small for Him to worry about :)
I love that she's "getting it".  I love that the first thing she thought of is that I should go to God and ask Him...not that I should get gloves, or put them in my pocket or under the covers, but that I should ask God to help me out.  I hope and pray that she continues to seek Him in all things!

Here are some pics from my blurry iPhone....oh well :)

Poor poor Bentley


We did FINALLY go to the bank and open a savings account for her.  She was SO excited about it.  She is such a saver and never wants to spend her money on anything.  Hopefully she will stay that way! 


She had to try on one of her new swimsuits.  Such a cutie.


She FINALLY has a pair of jeans we both love!  Seriously...it's only taken us 4 years to find jeans that fit her cute!  Size 3T Skinny Jeans from the Gap.  Almost a perfect fit.  And they're soft and comfy! 


We made these little Valentine Cards for her classroom.

(check out my Etsy shop for other cute stuff....I have lots of cute Easter designs!!) 


Quick very last minute Teacher Gifts


She made daddy a very special cookie. 




She received tons of goodies from school. 


We went for pedicures a couple of weeks ago. 

b

Jason taught her to say "Could I BE wearing any more jewelry?" (in the voice of Joey - Friends)


Sassy pants in her new rain boots. 


Gracie decided she wanted to sleep with Olivia one night (this never happens).  Olivia was so proud. 




So.....that's pretty much what we've been up to the past month!   

Oh, and I just ran my first half marathon 2 days ago!  I'll be posting about it later today on my fitness blog

No comments:

Post a Comment