I don't think I have ever gone this long without blogging!
I don't know what's up, but for some reason, I just haven't felt like sitting down and being on the computer much. My work has been very stressful the last few weeks, and I guess I just don't want to sit in front of this screen anymore than I have to!
Olivia turned 3 1/2 on July 20, so I thought I'd write a little about what she has been up to.
WEIGHT
I think around 32 pounds.
HEIGHT
Somewhere around 36-37 inches per my measurements
SIZE
Starting to transition into more 3T. For the most part, she has been in 2T bottoms and 3T tops, although she still wears a lot of her 2T tops from last summer. I know for Fall/Winter, 3T will have to be required for length. I can't have her walking around in high waters! She isn't petite, so I don't know why the 3T summer stuff has been too big, but she's not been able to wear several outfits that I had purchased :(
MATH
She can count to 30 (with some assistance. She usually gets 1-2 wrong in the teens, but then is good).
She does simple addition/subtraction (and when I say simple, it's SIMPLE, but it's still addition/subtraction! lol). 2 examples from this week: I asked her how many waffles she wanted. She said one. I told her to go ask Nana. She came back and said Nana wanted 2 waffles. I said "ok, so how many do I need to make?" and she said "THREE!". I thought that was pretty good! She also subtracts at night when we sing songs. I'll tell her we will sing 4 sounds, and as we sing one, she announces how many we have left. She'll say, "we already sang three so only one mo" (and yes, it's MO, not more. lol).
I think she's exibiting early math skills. :) I actually don't know if it's early or not as I don't know what the other kids are doing, but I like to think that she is, as I hate that only boys are suppose to be good at math! I was always good at math young, so I hope she will be as well!
LANGUAGE ARTS :)
She never stops talking. Ever. I think she has a decent vocabulary...you'd have to in order to talk every waking minute of every day :)
She asks "what is that?" and then "why?" about 1,873 times a day.
She can write her name without any assistance. She LOVES to do this and show she is a big girl.
She recognizes nearly all of her letters. She gets stumped on a few, but I'd say she knows 85-90% of them. I'm confident we'll get the few stragglers down soon.
Some "Olivia-isms"
Like her mom, she's a chip addict.
She calls tortilla chips "quesadilla chips". She's like "ohhhh, I want a quesadilla chip".
Jason likes to "count her ribs"....which tickles. She'll lay on her back and say "Count my ribbons!".
I tend to post sayings or conversations on facebook...not so much for everyone else, but because I want to document these things and not forget. And since my phone is always around, it's an easy place to do it! Plus, I'm sure the grandmas like reading! Here are a few from the past couple of months.
A couple others that I couldn't screen shot, so had to copy/paste:
O: Mom? Can I go to China? You have to fly in an airplane to get there" and then proceeds to sing a song about "I'm going to China! I'm going to China!". My baby is trying to leave me already ;(
Me: Olivia! Stop the whining. Use your strong voice to talk.
Olivia (really whining now): But I am not a boy!!!!!
Olivia (really whining now): But I am not a boy!!!!!
Olivia: Chips are not growing food.
Me: huh?
Olivia: Chips are not growing food. They don't help you grow big. First you eat everything else THEN you can eat the chips. Me: huh?
At least she understands they are the least healthy thing on the plate...even if she is still planning on eating them!
I'll end this very unorganized post with a few random pictures from this past month! Gosh, I still can't believe I haven't posted in a month!!!
(the above was a Pinterest fun project I found. It occupied her about 3 minutes. POINTLESS)
No comments:
Post a Comment