Monday, April 23, 2012

Hidden Falls

Jason mentioned the other day about a hidden waterfall in Fort Worth. Apparently it's something few people know about, and something that even the city didn't really know about until 2-3 years ago.  Who knows how much of that is true, but it is for sure on property that used to be part of the air force base, so I guess there is reason to believe that few people knew about it.

I'm just throwing this pic in....cause I'm in love with this color on Olivia.  I saw this dress a couple of years ago in Castles & Crowns, but I sure hated the $70 price tag.  It has crosses in the smocking, and I just think it is so sweet. Well, I found it last year at a consignment sale for $20.  Score! It's in perfect condition.  I bet it had been worn and washed once...twice at the most!   I'm always buying ahead and sticking things back in the closet.  I love love love a deal on children's clothing!



Back to the waterfall....so after church yesterday, we rushed home and changed clothes and headed out to find this hidden treasure.

Olivia was so excited.  She couldn't wait to get to that waterfall.

After about a 5-10 minute walk, we came upon it.



Jason prepared me to not expect the Hawaiian waterfalls we saw last summer. LOL. And he was right....but it's still a pretty neat area of natural water in the middle of a busy city.   I bet it's really neat after a rainfall.




When we were putting Olivia to bed last night, I asked her if she had fun seeing the waterfall.

Her response:  Yeah, but I was just SO hot. 

I cracked up.  Then she started laughing, but I don't think she had a clue why I was laughing!  It was about 70-72 degrees when we were there yesterday.  Not exactly HOT by Texas standards.  My poor baby just doesn't know what the months ahead have in store for us!

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. It's very close to Carswell Air Force base. Actually, the entrance is right before the entrance to the AFB.

      From I-30, you'll take 183 north...go past Ridgmar Mall probably 2-3 miles. You'll see a Quick Trip on your right. The road to Carswell is on the right immediately past the QT.

      Before you get to the entrance for the base, you'll see a small "road" on the right. It's right before the plane that's on the ground (either broken, crashed, I'm not sure!).

      There's a small "lot" you can park in. Then just follow the sidewalk. It's probably a 5 minute walk until you reach the falls. It's now part of the Trinity Trails, so it's all been paved.

      Delete