Sunday, April 29, 2012

Our Weekend

We had a pretty low key weekend.  Saturday consisted of grocery store, playing, naps & FINALLY finishing our membership classes at our church.  There are 4 classes you have to take.  We took the first three either last July or August I think....it's been so long we can't remember, but we finally made it to the 4th class this month.  We're official now! lol

On Sunday, we went back to church for the regular service.

And this little stinker refused to take a picture....



I'll be trying again when she wears this dress!  I'm in love with this Noah's Ark dress.  She had a Noah's Ark dress when she was a baby too and it was a favorite then as well!



After lunch and nap, we decided to go down to a local park.  It's 1/2 mile from our house.  First, let me just say...running with a stroller and 30 pound child is SO much harder than running alone.  That 1/2 mile (which is mainly one big hill) felt like 2 miles!  At least it was fast on the way home since we got to go downhill!

Unfortunately, the playground at the park is for older kids.  I believe the sign said 5-12 year olds.  There weren't any slides or swings.  It was like a big place for kids to exercise, which is great!  It was just unfortunate that they didn't also make an area for the little ones.




In addition to the playground, basketball court & sand volleyball court, there were several stations set up for exercising.  This was a station for dips.  There was also one for step ups, sit ups, etc.






Hopefully we'll get a lot of use out of our new neighborhood park!  And so far....it doesn't seem to be packed, which is nice!

1 comment:

  1. wow where is that park? I'm stopping from Kelly's korner, I'm local to your area. Feel free to stop by my blog and maybe we'll get to know each other better!

    ReplyDelete