Monday, March 26, 2012

Texas Bluebonnets 2012

Every year, I make it a point to get Olivia's pictures in the bluebonnets. This past weekend, Olivia and I made a trip to my mom's for a girls-only weekend. I wanted to go ahead and get pictures in case all the bluebonnets were gone by the time we got around to getting them in Fort Worth. Little did I know that the Jasper bluebonnets are COVERED with bees. They were everywhere...but being the good determined mom that I am, we went ahead and decided to give it a try!

Olivia wasn't too sure about the bees.  We shouldn't have mentioned them.  She probably still would have been uneasy, but maybe not as bad!  She wouldn't take her eyes off those flowers and bees!







Olivia and Nana





The second we got back to Fort Worth, I went grocery shopping.  I rushed home, unloaded the groceries and threw Olivia in the car to go see if I could get some better pics in the Fort Worth bluebonnets.  FAIL.  She immediately asked about bees.  I told her there weren't any (I really only saw one).  Then she asked about ants.  She was convinced there were ants in the bluebonnets. There wasn't too much at that point that I could say to convince her otherwise!


Nana, this is for you!  I was doing whatever I could to try to get her to smile, so I asked her about playing Hi-Ho Cheerio.  She was telling me "I win!!!"



It was strange to me how different the North TX and East TX bluebonnets are.  The ones in North TX are really thick.  The ones in East TX were more sparce.  It was just interesting to me, and you can really see the difference in the pics too.

My baby is growing too fast!


1 comment:

  1. Love the bluebonnet pics! I took ours too this weekend just need to get them uploaded!

    ReplyDelete