Jason's work decided to go to
ICE! at the Gaylord Texan for their Christmas outing. So Saturday, we headed that way. Take a look at
their website....I was too busy chasing my almost 3 year old to get any decent pictures of the ice sculptures!
It's less than 10 degrees inside (website said 9 degrees....announcer said 3 degrees...so whatever....it was just COLD). They give you these coats to wear. You see Olivia's....didn't QUITE fit, but that was ok, as you aren't allowed to touch the ice anyway!
We were prepared with our hats, gloves, scarfs and parkas.


She thought it was all really neat. I was scared she'd be miserably cold, but she ran around super excited by it all.

The donkey. I don't even know his name. I'm sure this would all have been a lot neater if we actually had ever seen Shrek! Amazon has the entire box set for about $22. I don't know why, but I can't bring myself to order it! It just so doesn't look like a cartoon we would want to watch, but I could be totally wrong!
Olivia went down the ice slide. Such a big girl!

And of course Jason went down it too.

Are the 3 little pigs part of Shrek???? I thought they were cute anyway!
At the very end, the last sculpture was of the nativity scene. It was really pretty and peaceful. I loved that the Gaylord ended with this rather than Santa or something. Afterall, Jesus really is what it's all about guys!

Would I go again? Sure, but cosidering it's not super cheap, I'd probably wait until the theme was something we really cared about. Luckily, we only had to pay for one of us, so it was a fun, fairly inexpensive family day!
How fun, I hope to make it there one Christmas!
ReplyDelete