Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Christmas in East Texas

After opening Santa, we headed to my mom's in East Texas. It's approximately a 5-hour trip. We stopped for one potty break, but other than that, we made great time and had a pretty uneventful trip.


Olivia was excited to be at Nana's house. It had been 2 months (maybe a little more) since we had seen her, so it was time!


Everyone came to my mom's house to celebrate the day after Christmas, so we got to open presents yet again!

This must be the year for girly stuff! She got a new play dress, necklaces, bracelets, play shoes, etc. My sister and grandparents must know that she loves to be a girly girl!


The absolute best gift she has received (from anyone): Princess chapstick. I'm amazed there is still any left.


Two of my cousins: Shelby and Reid. We missed Ryan (he's been studying in India for the past couple of months).


Ally (13) and Olivia (nearly 3)



Mom wanted to get family pictures since we are rarely all together. We took a million different combinations, so I decided to just post a few here.....it takes too long to upload pictures on this site! (I'll email all of them to you guys so you'll have them).


Me & Lindsey (sister) and our families


Not sure what Olivia's doing here.


And not sure what Jason is doing here.....LOL

Bob, Stacy, Shelby & Reid
(mom's sister & family)




Granddaddy Jim & Pat



Granddaddy and his 2 daughters



First cousins



My granddaddy had a tripod, so we set up my camera and took a big family shot. Other than Olivia who appears to be pouting, not too bad! All eyes open and everything!



MacKenzie stayed the night at mom's house with us. Olivia was beside herself with excitment on her first slumber party! She mentioned several times during the day that Kenzie was going to go night-night with her.


MacKenzie read her book to Olivia. It's not exactly a book for toddlers, but it was Olivia's turn to read. She followed along with her finger and said "eighty-seven" (also her answer to the time). Such a mess. They patted each others backs. They hid under the pillows. It took a while, but they eventually settled down and went to sleep. I'd say Olivia's first sleepover was quite a success!



This isn't really related to Christmas in East Texas other than my mom gave Olivia this stool and I wanted to show her a pic of her using it. Her old stool wasn't tall enough and was pretty much useless. She is SO proud that she can reach the counter now. I can't even tell you how many times she has washed her hands! I've even used it already to reach something in my top cabinets! So thanks mom...it was a gift for me too!



I suppose the next few days will be consumed with us taking down Christmas and putting together new toys. She keeps asking to play with her art easel (thanks Gram E), but it's still in the box. I told her tonight that we had to wait until daddy puts it together. She said "Oh no. I can do it mommy. I can!".


I THINK this was my last Christmas post! I think! So with that, I hope you all had a very Merry Christmas!




1 comment: