We considered taking Olivia to Chuck E Cheese Saturday night for dinner. We had a $19.99 coupon, so not a bad dinner for the three of us, right? Before we left, Jason called to see if they were busy. The guy who answered the phone literally laughed and said if it's Sat/Sun and they are open, then they are busy. Given that Olivia is only 2 1/2 and we didn't really want her to get trampled by the big kids, we decided to go to Chick-fil-A instead.
Now....Olivia has never played in a fast food joint's playground. Chick-fil-A is the only place I know that even has one. So after we ate dinner, I told her I had to show her a suprise and took her over to the playland. She was really hesitant at first and just looked around. There were 2 older kids in there for a little bit, and I'm sure they were a little scary. Once they left, we convinced her to climb up. By this time, another little kid came in and they made fast friends. He had clearly played there before. He was hopping around like a little monkey and Olivia did her best to keep up.
Then.....it was time to leave. Oh. My. Goodness. I advised her it was about time to leave, and she said "No, I payin'". We gave her one more time, and when she came out we told her we were leaving. I even told her (um, bribed her) that we'd go get ice cream. At this point, she began screaming "NO! I dont wanna! I payin!!!!" over and over again. I could feel the stares from the other parents wanting to know why I was allowing my child to act this way. I threw her shoes on her as quickly as I could and we got out of there as quickly as we could. I could have died....and if you know Jason, you KNOW he was dying.
She is usually pretty well behaved in public, so I haven't had to deal with may public fits. DEFINITELY hadn't dealt with this behavior before Saturday night! I don't think I'll make the mistake of eating at Chick-Fil-A again. It's going to be the drive-thru all the way!
(best cell pics I could get of my big girl!)
side note: Michael Jr. came to our church this weekend. He's a Christian comedian that's worked with Jerry Seinfeld, been on Jay Leno and numerous other shows. Search for him on YouTube. You'll enjoy him! We had over 2300 in attendance (3 services) with 106 accepting Christ as their Savior. I'd say that's a pretty successful weekend! I love our church and the excitement for the Lord there. I feel very lucky to have found it, and after 2 1/2 years, we are finally becoming members (slow movers apparently)!
No comments:
Post a Comment