Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Bittersweet Visit

Pure exhaustion.....that's how I'm feeling this week! So, please forgive me in advance if I don't make tons of sense! I've been sick for about a week. Luckily, I seem to finally be getting over it, but I'm just feeling super tired!

This weekend was very bittersweet for me. I was lucky enough to get to see my sister and her family who live in Wisconsin, but under very bad circumstances. My sister's stepdaughter was killed in a car accident last week. Charles, Lindsey and the girls arrived in Texas on Thursday. My nieces Ally and MacKenzie stayed with us thru Sunday while Lindsey and Charles stayed in Dallas preparing for the services. For once, I guess I can say I'm really at a loss for words. What can you say to someone who has lost a child? Last night after the funeral, I cried every time I looked at Olivia. The thought of anything ever happening to her is just too much to bear. To my sister and brother-in-law, I can't express how sorry I am for your loss.


On a lighter note, we really enjoyed being able to spend some time with the girls. Ally is turning into a little teenager against everyone's wishes!!! I think we all wish we could make her 5 again and just make time stand still! MacKenzie just turned 7 and is a mess! She's super funny and did really good at my house being that it was the first time away from her parents. She is a bit scared of dogs, and well....we have BIG dogs, but she did so good with them. They were all BFF before the weekend was over!

We were TERRIBLE with getting pictures of the girls this weekend. We didn't get one single picture that was decent of the three of them!



Shelby came to visit one day while they were here. We went and rode the train, which Olivia could have cared less about!


When the camera comes out, Olivia tries to run away. It's getting really hard to get pictures!





No comments:

Post a Comment