Saturday, August 7, 2010

Yes, we're still alive!

It feels like forever since I've posted about our lives! I guess moving requires more dedication than I thought it would! We've now been in our new house 1 week and LOVE it! To be honest, the night before closing I was having "buyer's remorse"....or maybe it was "seller's remorse"....or maybe it was just a little of both! I was seriously doubting whether or not we made the right decision about moving. I LOVED my old house. It was our first house. It was the only house Olivia had ever known. It was home, and I was really sad to leave it.

I can HAPPILY say that I no longer have any second thoughts. We have SO much more space and storage. I even have some kitchen cabinets with NOTHING in them! Oh, and did I mention the pantry? I think we are all in love with it! We didn't have one at all at our old house. It's Olivia's favorite "room". She goes in and closes the door at least a few times a day! The neighborhood is awesome as well. We've only met a few neighbors, but so far, so good! I LOVE our new HOME! It's the people in the house that make it a home anyway, right?

Since I've been slacking in posting lately, I've just decided to include some pictures of the past couple of weeks which will tell you what we've been up to. Enjoy!


Miss Olivia helped pack lots of boxes. Maybe she was worried we'd forget her stuff!


She loved those cabinets being empty!


We sold our furniture the week before we moved, so we spent a lot of time on pallets on the floor.



Olivia "helping" again.



Walking with the cool whip container on her foot. This was quite amusing for her.



We played in tutus (ok, SHE played in HER tutu) just like the Teletubbies.


So I've been told by more than one person (mom, Jason, Nicole...) that I'm being silly, but I was SOOOOO sad to leave this little girl's empty room **See beginning of post...I'm no longer sad!


Olivia's new wall in her new room! LOVE the way it turned out!


We've gone swimming in our new yard.





We've spilled Fruit Loops and had them stick to our feet.


We've gotten the puppies new beds, as we are attempting to have a "no couch" rule.


We've treated the new dog beds as baby beds!


We've spent time doing some serious coloring.

The "Masterpiece"


We've spent time watching our new "pet" dove. I'm sure she is quite annoyed by us. I'm sure she thought the house was abandoned when she decided to build her little nest. And now, here she is...stuck with 2 standard poodles and an 18 month old. Yes, I'm quite sure she is rather annoyed!

This evening the dove went out for food (we guess) and there are two babies! We previously thought there was only one, but there are definitely two. So cute (in an ugly cute sort of way).




1 comment:

  1. Love the pics, but I was really hoping for a pic of the front of your new home! Great to hear you survived the move!

    ReplyDelete