Sunday, May 23, 2010

16 Months Old

Olivia, you turned 16 months old last week. You have quite the personality and keep us laughing on a daily basis. You are still a fan of the "mean face" (see previous post). You have a recent fascination with jewelry, particularly bracelets.


Last week, you had your last bottle, which is when I realized that you are really becoming a toddler and aren't my tiny baby anymore! It's been a little challenging, as you pretty much refuse milk in a cup, but we're making progress on that issue!


You also got your big girl carseat last week and now face forward in mommy's car! The doctor recommended you to stay backwards as long as possible, but you were 1/2 inch from being too long for your infant carseat, so we felt it was time for the new one!


You wear 12-18 month clothes and weigh about 22-23 pounds. Other than your snacks (which you LOVE), your favorite foods seem to be cheese and lunch meat. You eat grilled turkey & cheese sandwiches probably more often than you should! You also really like french fries. I can't say I really blame you there! You finally became a fan of bananas about 2 weeks ago. Mommy still doesn't allow many sweets. I can't bring myself to allow cookies or brownies to be a part of your regular diet, so for dessert you typically have fruit. I really want to instill healthy eating habits in you....we'll see if that works! It may not since one of your favs is french fries! HA!


Here are a few random pictures from this past week.

This is typical lately....snacks in one hand and bracelets in the other.


This is also typical: you running away from mommy when she's trying to take your pretty picture!


Here you are laughing at mommy being silly.
(If anyone has any suggestions as to the rash around her mouth, feel free to share. We've been putting some kind of cream on it for a couple of weeks that the doctor gave us, but it doesn't appear to be working, so I'm wondering if she's maybe allergic to something she's eating)


She LOVES LOVES LOVES brushes.


Kissing her poodle


Olivia brushing Bentley....he's THRILLED, can't you tell?


Olivia, you bring us more joy every day than we could have ever imagined. It's amazing how the small things can make you so happy, which in turn, make us so happy! I sit and stare at you all the time and wish I could stop time for just a moment. You are growing up WAY too fast and it brings tears to my eyes frequently! I write this blog for you to enjoy when you are older, but I am sure I will appreciate it a lot more than you! It will help bring back all the special moments we shared while you were my little baby girl! Promise me you will always be my little baby girl, okay?! Love you precious one!

No comments:

Post a Comment