Saturday, April 4, 2009

Back to the Real World

I went back to work on Wednesday, and even though it was a short week, it was TOUGH. I tried to stay busy as there was TONS of work for me to do, but not a minute went by that I didn't think of Olivia. I felt incomplete...like a part of me was missing. So at 4:00 each day (and not one minute later) I rushed as fast as I could out of the office for my 30 mile journey back to her daycare. Once we got home every evening, it was time to make dinner, prepare bottles, wash bottles, iron clothes, unpack and repack her bag....and the list goes on and on and on...I feel guilty not being able to just spend every second with her, but there are some things that just HAVE to be done every evening. Deep down I know that me working and her having to be in daycare will not have a huge negative impact on her life and that she'll probably not hold it against me...or that's what I keep telling myself anyway! Millions of kids go to daycare and are not with their moms all day, and most of them turn out just fine. I guess we'll eventually get used to it all and it will get easier, but it's just going to take a while to adjust. In 10 weeks, I never once felt out of place staying at home!

Here are a few updated pics of Olivia at 10 weeks old....and precious, of course!



This was taken one night this week before bed. She didn't seem too amused.

Laying on the big bunny....was impossible to get a good pic on it!
First time in her bumbo, which she is still too small for, but she was quite interested in those feet once she saw them!Tummy Time
Sweet little face
She's got that little bottom lip out with TOTALLY crazy hair. I love this one

No comments:

Post a Comment