Wednesday, August 22, 2012

The Greatest Show on Earth?

Last Friday, Olivia and I had a mommy-daughter day.  We both attended our very first circus.  I don't know that I would agree with their claim about it being the greatest show on Earth, but we did have a good time!  She got bored with some of the acts fairly quickly and kept asking if it was going to be over, but then a new act would start and she would become interested again.   It was really long...longer than I expected...like 2 1/2 hours.  That's a long time to sit in one place...even for this 32 year old!

We went early so we could see the pre-show, meet the clowns and see the animals up close and personal.  I think Olivia may have enjoyed the pre-show more than the actual show!



The closer the clowns would get to her, the closer to the edge of this bench she would get.  I think she was ready to bolt at any moment!


She *loved* this girl clown.  She's still talking about her and her red dress.  She would spot her down on the floor thru the entire show and get so excited that she found her.



I promised her when we got there that we would get cotton candy (aka "candy cot" to Olivia).  Little did I know that I was going to have to pay an arm and a leg for candy cot....$12!!!  Seriously.  Ridiculous.


We did get free clown noses during the pre-show.  Olivia's nose is so tiny she can barely keep it on.  I have no such problem.


We spent about 15-20 minutes at the extremely overpriced souvenier line.  I normally avoid those lines, walk fast and pretend I know nothing about all that stuff that's for sale! lol.  She's getting too old now and very aware.  I decided we only attend our first circus once.....so we ended up coming home with this lovely horse.  Hey, at least Barbie can probably ride on it. 


No comments:

Post a Comment